Burford Ontario is located eight kilometers west of the City of Brantford along Highway 53, and seventy kilometers east of London, Ontario. It is approximately 100 km southwest of Toronto. The community was originally settled by Abraham Dayton who was given the entire township of Burford by Lieutenant Governor Simcoe in 1793. Dayton was affiliated with a religious sect who hoped to turn the township into a “New Jeruselum”. Abraham Dayton eventually ceased his affiliation with the sect but still settled in the area, just west of the present village of Burford. Today Burford Township prides itself on being a modern community with traditional small town ethics such as honesty, charity and industry.