Ayr Ontario is a village located south of Kitchener and west of Cambridge. The earliest settlement can be traced back to 1824 when a mill was constructed where the Cedar Creek enters the Nith River. This tiny community became known as Mudge’s Mills, named after Abel Mudge. By 1884 the communities of Mudge’s Mills, Jedburgh and Nithvale were incorporated into the Village of Ayr. Today the area has become a bedroom community to such larger centres as Kitchener-Waterloo and Cambridge.