Teeswater Ontario is a small rural village in Bruce County located 12 kms west of Milday and 16 km north of Wingham. The first settlers to the area were the families of Matthew Hadwen and Peter Brown who arrived around 1855 and erected mills on the Teeswater River. In 1856 a post office was established and in 1875 Teeswater was incorporated as a Village. Settled by mainly Scottish and English settlers the community of Teeswater has always maintained a strong musical tradition. Today Teeswater is home to the Teeswater Highlanders Pipe and Drum Band, established in 1961.